An extensive, rigorous scientific study proves that mechanical stimulation helps the skin produce hyaluronic acidProf. Philippe Humbert, head of the Dermatology Department at the University Hospital of Besancon and Director of the Skin Study and Research Center, tells us about the study conducted with LPG's new facial technology: the Ergolift treatment head. This study is based on an analysis of biopsies from 20 subjects who were treated on half of their face. How does the new Ergolift technology help treat skin aging? After analyzing the biopsies, we could see how fibroblasts were able to move and secrete substances in the skin that decrease as we grow older: collagen which makes the skin firmer, elastin which makes it elastic, and hyaluronic acid which keeps it hydrated. We demonstrated that the new treatment head had a very effective impact on the major causes of skin aging.
- Collagen degradation was stemmed while already fragmented collagen was removed twice as fast, resulting in the synthesis of new, endogenous helpful collagen that redensifies the dermis (firmness improved +23%) and smooths wrinkles on the skin surface (-21% wrinkles).
- The natural synthesis of elastic fibers increased by 46%² to improve the skin's suppleness.
- And the unexpected discovery: the natural hyaluronic acid synthesis increased by 80%², effectively restoring the skin's volume.
Lipomasage StudyNow there's even more scientifically-proven results! The latest clinical study, conducted by Professor Max Lafontan at INSERM Toulouse, has revealed astounding new findings regarding the efficacy of LIPOMASSAGE on femoral fat (i.e. adipose tissue of the buttocks, saddlebags and thighs), one of the most stubborn fatty areas of all. With the latest generation in CELLU M6 technology and the new Ergodrive treatment head, natural lipolysis (i.e. fat breakdown) is increased by more than 70% after 12 CELLU M6 sessions. The study reveals that adipocytes (i.e. fat cells) of the femoral region typically exhibit very poor fat elimination abilities. Essentially, they store more fat than they eliminate. LIPOMASSAGE radically increases the body's natural fat breakdown, nearly doubling the elimination of localized fat.
Meeting with Prof. Max LafontanWhat were the goals of this study? This study was conducted by LPG at the Clinical Research Center of the Purpan University Hospital in Toulouse. We had two objectives: to measure the impact of the LPG technology on 1.) fat mobilization and on 2.) gene expression by comparing fatty tissue before and after treatments (i.e. 12 sessions). For this, we used two evaluation techniques: micro-dialysis (i.e. to analyse lipolysis occurring in the adipose tissue and monitor fat cell activity in real time) and DNA micro-arrays (i.e. to study gene expression). To my knowledge, LPG is the only manufacturer of its kind to conduct a study like this one, which is wholly based on fundamental research. What are the results? Today, we can confirm the following:
- Substantial improvement in subject response to a lipolytic agent, with an average fat release increase of +70% and as much as +100% in hyper-responsive subjects.
- An effect on gene expression (e.g. the genes involved in metabolizing fats and sugars) which for some subjects was similar to those generated by low-calorie diets.
Columna Esthetic – Laser Medical Center